Viewer Comments: Leg Pain - Prognosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Prognosis

What is your leg pain prognosis?

Comment from: bazil, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 29

I have a stabbing pain just below the hip sometimes get worse at night in bed, also gets numb and I have to turn on my side to sleep. I am quite active, I run nearly every day, when I stop and sit, I can feel it like an aching feeling.

Comment from: peg, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

Many years ago I hurt my leg. I fell into a pit and on my falling I scraped my leg on the cement wall. It was scraped and bruised very badly. The x-rays didn't show any broken bones but there was bad deep bruising. I wonder after all these years if the nerves are what is causing the severe pain constantly. Nothing is helping to take away this pain. When I try to put my shoes or socks on I cannot put any pressure on this leg.

Comment from: Mary D., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

My pain started with my right knee. It started out feeling like I had something in my knee now it just hurts to walk, and driving is unbearable; having to move my foot from the gas to the brake requires me to put my hand under my knee to move it over. It is most painful in the morning and after immobility. I did find the other day I had on shoes that were soft, if I put on a shoe that was sturdier it eased the pain and I walk much better. My pain is only in the right leg.

Comment from: Charlyne, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I have leg pain so bad that 95 percent of the time it makes me want to have a bowel movement. I have been tested for nerve pain and my nerves are normal, no nerve pain. I have had an MRI and a bit of arthritis but nothing out of the ordinary, a little spinal stenosis but nothing that stands out. It seems to start in my buttocks and that's when I feel the bowel movement, after which the pain spreads down both legs the back of the legs down to my ankles.

Comment from: anita Thomas, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

My leg pain is unbearable. It's getting to the point where it even hurts when I'm lying down.

Comment from: Lib, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I had third laminectomy in 2010. I woke up with severe pain in my right leg and I never got any relief. I have tried physical therapy, exercise with stretching, pain blocks and medication. Nothing has worked. It is very hard to live in constant pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Leg Pain

Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot in the Leg, DVT)
Blood Clot in the Legs Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg, DVT) is a learn more >>
Bone Fracture (Broken Bone)
Bone Fracture (Broken Bone) Fractures occur when bone cannot withstand the outside forces applied to the bone. Fractures can be open or closed. Types of fractures include: greenstick, spir...learn more >>
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral Vascular Disease The circulatory system consists of 2 types of blood vessels: arteries and veins. These are tubular structures that carry the blood throughout the body.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Causes

What was the cause of leg pain?

Leg Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your leg pain?

Leg Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with leg pain.