Viewer Comments: Leg Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with leg pain.

Comment from: rsutton55, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 17

I'm a 60 year male in good health. I get a pain down the outside of my left leg after I sit for an hour or more. It is like an electrical pain running from my buttock to my knee. Stretching seems to give momentary relief. It gets worse when I lie in bed. It has been occurring for the last 5 to 6 months.

Comment from: pris, (Patient) Published: September 23

Recently at night I have been having pain and cramping in my legs, at times chronic pain in the groin close to the femoral artery. Most recently I have developed shortness of breath when exercising, walking upstairs, or playing golf. It has been very humid where we live. These symptoms just started very suddenly connected to fatigue.

Comment from: Gez501, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: August 24

I have severe heart problems and COPD. I need to take water tablets. This dehydrates me and I need to top up my electrolytes in my blood. After visiting a pain clinic I was advised to drink 2 liters of tonic water a day. My general physician said take magnesium. Magnesium itself did not work, but magnesium orotate did. Apparently plain magnesium (available on the UK National Health) gets lost due to the water tablets. Magnesium orotate (which is not on the National Health) actually enters the cells directly and therefore is retained. It solved my problems of pain and body cramps. I hope this will be useful to anyone in pain. Magnesium orotate is available in health shops.

Comment from: anxious, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I have pain in my left leg. It started about a week ago in outer aspect just below left knee. Now it is the whole leg but mostly in the bulky part of calf and radiating to shins. At rest it is a deep ache through all of the leg. Weight bearing is difficult and results in a stinging sensation in shins. If I weight bear too long my thigh burns. I have full sensation in the leg. No swelling, heat redness or specific tenderness. As I write this I can feel it going to my buttock. I have an appointment with the doctor on Monday.

Comment from: anonymous, (Patient) Published: March 20

I have severe pain in my right leg. The pain starts when I stand straight and walk. It starts from coccygeal nerve stretching down femoral nerve and muscle then into knee and calf muscle.

Comment from: Tammy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I am 55 years old and have severe scoliosis. For the past 8 years I have felt my legs getting worse. It is to a point where I cannot sleep. Both legs ache, throb and burn right down to the bottom of my feet. I cannot stand the pain anymore. It is time to get help from the doctor. I fear a wheelchair is in my future.

Comment from: Francis, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: July 29

In past 2 months, I've been having leg pain, sometimes quite severe. It does not seem to be in joints; specialist says it isn't circulation. The trouble may be muscle or nerve. I walk daily when I don't have too much pain; I take Tylenol extra strength when pain is bad. I have trouble getting in and out of the car; lifting my leg makes it easier to move it.

Comment from: sherib59, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I get painful aching in both legs when I have been on them for a period of time.

Comment from: DAN, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been experiencing pains in my legs for some time now and thus far I've done nothing about it, because I don't know where to turn to for help. The pain begins on one leg, actually parting my lower body in half, so this means my butt check and my vagina is also included in this pain and extreme sensitivity. As soon as one side has stopped the other half begins to pain. I have tried stretching during this period and it helps a lot.

Must Read Articles Related to Leg Pain

Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot in the Leg, DVT)
Blood Clot in the Legs Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg, DVT) is a learn more >>
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral Vascular Disease The circulatory system consists of 2 types of blood vessels: arteries and veins. These are tubular structures that carry the blood throughout the body.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Causes

What was the cause of leg pain?

Leg Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your leg pain?

Leg Pain - Prognosis

What is your leg pain prognosis?