Viewer Comments: Leg Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with leg pain.

Comment from: bensongma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

My legs hurt so badly. Nothing helps much. Heat helps some. It is like leg cramps that wont let up!

Comment from: Cardinal, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 16

From the time I was 5 to now at 65, I've had leg pains. I rode a bicycle a lot which really helped build my muscles and cardiovascular systems up which helped a lot with my leg pain. About ten years ago, I was told by one sleep doctor that I have severe RLS (restless leg syndrome). Another doctor told me that the results of a sleep clinic sleepover "didn't indicate" that I had RLS, which really confuses me. I have all the symptoms of RLS (legs are never still). Every day my legs feel like they're tighter than banjo strings and most days I cannot keep my legs still for very long. I am now a type 1 diabetic because I had to stop taking Glucophage (Metformin), Januvia, and Glipizide because they set off my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I think that until I get my diabetes under control that my leg pain will persist.

Comment from: grandma67, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 02

I have varicose veins in one leg that have, at times, felt pretty warm. It seems like veins have swollen a bit and the last couple of nights I have been woken up with stabbing sharp pains mid-calf.

Must Read Articles Related to Leg Pain

Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot in the Leg, DVT)
Blood Clot in the Legs Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg, DVT) is a blood clot imbedded in one of the major veins of the lower body, including the legs, thighs, or pelvis. C...learn more >>
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral Vascular Disease The circulatory system consists of 2 types of blood vessels: arteries and veins. These are tubular structures that carry the blood throughout the body.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Causes

What was the cause of leg pain?

Leg Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your leg pain?

Leg Pain - Prognosis

What is your leg pain prognosis?