Viewer Comments: Leg Pain - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Causes

What was the cause of leg pain?

Comment from: eddie, 45-54 (Patient) Published: May 20

I was hit by a rebar bending machine at work on my inner calf. I have been in pain since.

Comment from: RR, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 18

The back of my left leg behind my buttock hurts a lot. I'm not sure whether it happened when I jumped three feet off a ledge or it's because I slept on a hard surface. I woke up with this terrible pain and it's gotten worse.

Comment from: Lee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have numbness and stiffness in both legs and feet, making it hard to walk. I do have spinal stenosis as well, but that is not causing the pain in my legs and feet. I am taking a break from hospital tests, but no one seems to know what is causing the problem.

Comment from: lisa, 45-54 Female Published: February 17

I was in the hospital a week for the second time with pneumonia in one month. The second time I was in the hospital, they were giving me shots to prevent blood clots. I have been home four days now and the pain in my legs is so bad.

Comment from: Faith, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 14

I had a sudden bolt of pain in my calf muscle when I got out of bed in the morning. I heard a snap and then excruciating pain. It was caused by a lack of electrolytes and not warming up before using my stationary bike. I was diagnosed with a torn muscle.

Comment from: CJ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I am experiencing pain in my left leg. It is in front and at the lower front thigh by my knee. Today after waking in the morning it is in the outer left calf. The knee and leg have been bothering me for a number of weeks now. I can barely put my full weight on it. It feels somewhat better when I use ice packs, and a pillow between my knees in bed. Some nights my leg(s) keep me awake most of the night, tossing and turning.

Comment from: Beverly, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 29

I've have left leg pain below the knee for three years now. I'm getting a little worried because I had many tests done back in 2009 and they all come back fine. Still, though, I can not stand for more than five minutes and sometimes it hurts so bad I have to sit down. I know that modern doctors just want to fill you with pills, but I don't want pills because while they're supposed to be fixing the problem, they mess up something else in your body.

Comment from: scarelythere, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 19

Sometimes I wake up at night with extremme pain in the shin part of my leg. Last night it happened to both of my legs. the pain was excruciating. It felt like my bones brcome disjointed. After I get up and walk around awhile, it seems to go back in place.

Comment from: nazia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I have read and learn many thing about leg pain and its treatment by the eMedicineHealth Terms and conditions. I am very happy with this information and will surely practice the advice. Thanks a lot!

Comment from: Kenny, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 08

I have a jagged pain running from my buttocks down my left leg. I had an operation for a partial disc removal, but the pain can only be reduced with pain killer. I still have serious nerve damage.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I had an accident which left me with a bad infection on outside of my lower leg which has left a bruise which is still visible 1 year later. I wake up most mornings with really bad pains in lower leg which stops me from getting back to sleep, the pain can be that bad that I cannot move leg without extreme pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Leg Pain

Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot in the Leg, DVT)
Blood Clot in the Legs Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg, DVT) is a blood clot imbedded in one of the major veins of the lower body, including the legs, thighs, or pelvis. C...learn more >>
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral Vascular Disease The circulatory system consists of 2 types of blood vessels: arteries and veins. These are tubular structures that carry the blood throughout the body.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your leg pain?

Leg Pain - Prognosis

What is your leg pain prognosis?

Leg Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with leg pain.