Viewer Comments: Leg Pain - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Causes

What was the cause of leg pain?

Comment from: scarelythere, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 19

Sometimes I wake up at night with extremme pain in the shin part of my leg. Last night it happened to both of my legs. the pain was excruciating. It felt like my bones brcome disjointed. After I get up and walk around awhile, it seems to go back in place.

Comment from: nazia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I have read and learn many thing about leg pain and its treatment by the eMedicineHealth Terms and conditions. I am very happy with this information and will surely practice the advice. Thanks a lot!

Comment from: Kenny, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 08

I have a jagged pain running from my buttocks down my left leg. I had an operation for a partial disc removal, but the pain can only be reduced with pain killer. I still have serious nerve damage.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I had an accident which left me with a bad infection on outside of my lower leg which has left a bruise which is still visible 1 year later. I wake up most mornings with really bad pains in lower leg which stops me from getting back to sleep, the pain can be that bad that I cannot move leg without extreme pain.

Comment from: granny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 23

For the third time in 1/12 years I have blood clot in tissue and muscle of left leg. Very very painful, gets very red, swelled bit and also tight. Stopped taking coumadin three months ago. Now take Pradaxa. They say taking Coumadin had caused the blood clots, but I now have one with Pradaxa. Each one takes from 3 1/2 to 4 months to go away and each one leaves problems. Have been told sometimes the leg has to be lanced to rid leg of blood in it.

Comment from: tired mom, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I just had my third baby 4 months ago, and every night when I lay down, both my legs go numb and tingle and hurt almost like a muscle cramp, but not quite as severe. It goes away when I stand up and walk around, but keeps me up all night by having to keep getting up and walk around. As soon as I lay back down it starts to go numb again immediately. Very aggravating and I could use a more restfull sleep for sure.

Comment from: patsy, (Patient) Published: March 10

I have a desk job, am 67, and was having some leg pain when I had to get up. My left hip hurt me, but I could walk it off. I let it go. Since then, I have noticed that my leg sometimes feels like it's a bit numb--my whole leg--and if I am watching TV and get up, I have to limp, my hip hurts so much. I can still walk it off, but I don't know the cause. At night, I have a lot of trouble sleeping, wondering where to put that leg so that it won't pain me. It's something between a pain and pressure, and when I have to go to the bathroom, I limp and limp, but when I come back, it's much better. My whole leg is involved.

Comment from: pam, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I have been running a lot at the gym on a treadmill and doing the elliptical. A few weeks ago I started getting a slight pain on the outside of my left knee. I continued my workouts and one day I woke up and the pain was from my left knee on down to my foot. My foot even feels like it is on fire at times or having a hot flash. I am resting it but really miss my workouts.

Comment from: Bud, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 29

I had blood clots in right leg in July had surgery to clean out leg and 5 day later had open foot surgery. It's November 29 and I have very much pain in the same leg, and have developed pain in other leg. I have been taking meds for neuropathy, but I still suffer.

Comment from: AussieRules20, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 27

The immediate cause of the pain was the weighted squat exercise. As I went down, instead of keeping my legs parallel, my left foot turned outwards. After about three days. I started to get pain on the inside of my tibia (about half a finger's length below my kneecap). Also, the pain often re-locates to my left calf muscle as well. I have tried different creams, pills, and cold packs to resolve this issue. But it's been three weeks now, and Preseason for my chosen sport is in a month.

Must Read Articles Related to Leg Pain

Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot in the Leg, DVT)
Blood Clot in the Legs Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg, DVT) is a learn more >>
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral Vascular Disease The circulatory system consists of 2 types of blood vessels: arteries and veins. These are tubular structures that carry the blood throughout the body.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain:

Leg Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your leg pain?

Leg Pain - Prognosis

What is your leg pain prognosis?

Leg Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with leg pain.