Font Size

Lens-Particle Glaucoma (cont.)

When to Seek Medical Care

If you experience eye pain, redness, and blurry vision, you should contact an ophthalmologist (a medical doctor who specializes in eye care and surgery) immediately. This is especially important if you have recently undergone intraocular surgery (particularly cataract surgery) or if you have experienced an eye injury.

Regular eye examinations with an ophthalmologist are important to screen for eye diseases, especially since the onset of lens-particle glaucoma has been reported to occur from weeks or months to years after surgery or injury/trauma.

Questions to Ask the Doctor

  • Is my eye pressure elevated?
  • Are there any signs of internal eye damage due to a previous surgery or an injury?
  • Are there any optic nerve abnormalities on my examination?
  • Is my peripheral vision normal?
  • Is medication or more surgery necessary?
  • How often should I undergo follow-up examinations?
Medical Author:
Medical Editor:

Must Read Articles Related to Lens-Particle Glaucoma

Acute Angle-Closure Glaucoma
Acute Angle-Closure Glaucoma Acute angle-closure glaucoma is caused by a rapid or sudden increase in pressure inside the eye, called intraocular pressure (IOP). The condition requires treat...learn more >>
Adult Glaucoma Suspect
Adult Glaucoma Suspect Glaucoma is usually high pressure inside the eye that damages the optic nerve and can result in permanent vision loss.learn more >>
Angle Recession Glaucoma
Angle Recession Glaucoma Angle recession glaucoma refers to a group of ocular disorders that occur after the eye undergoes learn more >>

Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape

Glaucoma, Lens-Particle »

Lens-particle glaucoma, a subclassification of lens-induced glaucoma,1, 2, 3, 4, 5 is a type of secondary open-angle glaucoma involving intraocular retention of fragmented lens debris.

Read More on Medscape Reference »

Medical Dictionary