Viewer Comments: Low Blood Pressure - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Low Blood Pressure:

Low Blood Pressure - Treatment

What was the treatment for your low blood pressure?

Comment from: akasb, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 09

My BP was 90/50 when I was hungry so I thought it was due to my hunger and after I ate and walked a little, I came back and checked and it was 86/54. I am troubled.

Comment from: Wills, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

I experienced tight chest pains on the golf course and collapsed. Taken by ambulance to hospital with BP at 57/ (I don't know lower reading). The medic kept saying that we've got to get this BP back up. After being in hospital for two days they thought that it was an angina attack. I was also given medication for low potassium, which ties up with the information on this site. I need to increase my intake of white beans and bananas as a starter to monitoring types of food that I eat.

Must Read Articles Related to Low Blood Pressure

Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include vasovagal, situational, postural, cardiac, neurologic, and psychogenic. Tr...learn more >>
Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock)
Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock) Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction that occurs rapidly and causes a life-threatening response involving the whole body. Because the reaction is really an...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Low Blood Pressure:

Low Blood Pressure - Symptoms

Which low blood pressure symptoms (dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting) do you find most troubling?

Low Blood Pressure - Causes

What caused your blood pressure to be abnormally low?