Viewer Comments: Hypoglycemia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar):

Hypoglycemia - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hypoglycemia?

Comment from: JanT, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

Six days ago I had palpitations ranging from a flutter in my chest up to a pounding up both sides of my neck into the back of my head. I was going to the hospital, but I felt a bit better so I didn't go. Not feeling like eating, my husband gave me a full-sugar yogurt. What a difference! I had a piece of sugary cake at lunch time again and what a boost! I now realize after reading about low blood sugar! I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic six months ago but this wasn't explained to me by doctor. It seems dangerous that I had to find this out on my own.

Comment from: Terry, 75 or over Female Published: January 28

I will have difficulty thinking clearly and remembering thing. I have found that if I eat a small amount of nuts and drink some water, that helps. At the worst moments I have felt weak in the knees and feel a little foggy in my thinking.

Must Read Articles Related to Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)

Alcohol Intoxication
Alcohol Intoxication Alcohol intoxication is defined as when the quantity of learn more >>
Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Diabetic Ketoacidosis Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) occurs when a person with diabetes becomes dehydrated. Causes of diabetic ketoacidosis include infection, missed insulin, or newly d...learn more >>
Epilepsy
Epilepsy Epilepsy is a condition in which the brain repea...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar):

Hypoglycemia - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your hypoglycemia?