Lyme Disease (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Lyme Disease Causes
B. burgdorferi bacteria cause Lyme disease. The bacteria have a complex life cycle, spending part of their life in the deer tick and part in some mammals such as mice and deer.
Humans are not a part of the bacterium's life cycle but can become infected when bitten by the tick.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/6/2014
John Meyerhoff, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Lyme Disease
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lyme Disease:
Lyme Disease - Diagnosis
How was the diagnosis of your lyme disease established?
Lyme Disease - Treatment
What was the treatment for your lyme disease?
Lyme Disease - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with your Lyme disease?
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?