Lyme Disease Topic Guide
Lyme Disease: Lyme disease, sometimes referred to as Lyme infection, is a bacterial illness, transmitted to humans by the bite of deer ticks (Ixodes ticks) carrying a bacterium known as Borrelia burgdorferi. Symptoms and signs include a red bull's-eye rash and flulike illness in the early stages of Lyme disease. Doctors will treat primary or early Lyme disease with oral antibiotics including doxycycline, penicillins, or erythromycin.
Lyme Disease FAQs Why is it called Lyme disease? Get answers to your frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Lyme disease and learn the telltale symptoms and signs.
Expert Views and News
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?