Viewer Comments: Lyme Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lyme Disease:

Lyme Disease - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your Lyme disease?

Comment from: mrs.catfish08 , 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 27

My dear friend has faded away before my eyes. It started with a rash, then stiffness and swelling to the point that she needed help getting up and sitting down. She couldn't do anything for herself -- not even feed herself. She couldn't get her arms bent enough so that her hands reached her mouth. She called me in the restroom last night to help her off the toilet. Her foot slipped out from under her and we sat on the bathroom room floor and cried together, waiting for her husband to return to help.

Comment from: gemII, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

I was just diagnosed with Lyme disease last week. I've been on meds for seven days now. I all of a sudden started to experience strange feelings on the back of my hands, arms and face.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I was extremely tired, and had flu like symptoms. I preferred sleep over anything else. The medication caused nausea. It was months before I felt like myself again. It also caused problems with my thyroid.

Comment from: EnzaGreco@aol.com, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

Be attentive to your kids, my 16 years old daughter, was having all the disease symptoms, but no signs of a bite was present or detected, and for other several reasons we didn't think about insects bites in the beginning. The doctor treated her for a cold, but I'm glad that I pointed out that she was unusually fatigued and depressed. Blood tests were made, against my daughter teary request not to do it, because she is afraid of needles...and she was found positive to Lyme disease.

Comment from: dchambers, 45-54 Male Published: September 20

I live in Montana and the CDC states there is no Lyme disease here. I had the classic erythema migrans rash from a tick bite and took the 21-day antibiotic treatment.

Comment from: 25-34 Male Published: May 31

With Lyme disease, I have been very weak with diarrhea and vomiting. I am also really sleepy most of the time.

Comment from: 35-44 (Caregiver) Published: April 15

My son has been diagnosed with Lyme disease. He has shock like pains in his head, chest pains running down his left arm, and a drooping left eyelid. He was bitten by a tick 30 years ago. I am not convinced. But they have started him on doxycycline. So we'll wait and see.

Comment from: guest, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 06

My daughter was diagnosed with Lyme about four years ago and the doctors believe she has had the disease for over ten years. She has constant pain in her back and joints. She is also very fatigued and sleeps 10 - 14 hours per day. She has loss of short-term memory and is unable to concentrate.

Must Read Articles Related to Lyme Disease

Fever (in Adults)
Fever in Adults A fever is a body temperature of 100.4 F or greater. A fever may be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, blood clot, tumor, drug, or the environment. Treatment ...learn more >>
Insect Bites
Insect Bites Insect stings and bites are common. Common symptoms include pain, swelling, redness, and itching. Treatment of insect stings and bites depends on the type of in...learn more >>
Skin Rashes in Children
Skin Rashes in Children Skin rashes in children may be categorized as bacterial, viral, life-threatening, fungal, and parasitic rashes. Oftentimes, the associated symptoms help establi...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lyme Disease:

Lyme Disease - Treatment

What was the treatment for your lyme disease?

Lyme Disease - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your lyme disease established?