Viewer Comments: Lyme Disease - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lyme Disease:

Lyme Disease - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your lyme disease established?

Comment from: peggy, 65-74 Female Published: December 27

I thought I had a virus. I had a headache, achy joints and no appetite for about 10 days. I went to the doctor when I noticed a red welt on my leg. A blood test confirmed Lyme disease. I was bitten and felt and saw the tick. My husband removed it, and we brought it to the doctor who confirmed it was a "deer tick." Since we had found it and immediately reported it, I was given medication to be taken immediately. I felt fine but upon being tested three weeks later, I was POSITIVE. I just finished 21 days of an antibiotic.

Comment from: satkartarkaur, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I had the typical symptoms of Lyme disease. I had a large red bull's eye rash on side of arm for a week which was sore and started to get larger.

Must Read Articles Related to Lyme Disease

Fever (in Adults)
Fever in Adults A fever is a body temperature of 100.4 F or greater. A fever may be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, blood clot, tumor, drug, or the environment. Treatment ...learn more >>
Insect Bites
Insect Bites Stings and bites from insects are common. They often result in redness and swelling in the injured area. Sometimes a sting can cause a life-threatening allergic...learn more >>
Skin Rashes in Children
Skin Rashes in Children Skin rashes in children may be categorized as bacterial, viral, life-threatening, fungal, and parasitic rashes. Oftentimes, the associated symptoms help establi...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lyme Disease:

Lyme Disease - Treatment

What was the treatment for your lyme disease?

Lyme Disease - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your Lyme disease?