IN THIS ARTICLE
The exact causes of lymphoma are not known. Several factors have been linked to an increased risk of developing lymphoma, but it is unclear what role they play in the actual development of lymphoma. These risk factors include the following:
The presence of these risk factors does not mean a person will actually develop lymphoma. In fact, most people with one or several of these risk factors do not develop lymphoma.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/25/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Lymphoma
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lymphoma:
Lymphoma - Experience
Please describe your experience with lymphoma.
Lymphoma - Symptoms
Lymphoma symptoms can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Lymphoma - Effective Treatment
What treatment has been effective for your lymphoma?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Talking to Your Doctor About CLL
- 6 Ways to Protect Your Immune System Against Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication