Viewer Comments: Lymphoma - Effective Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lymphoma:

Lymphoma - Effective Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your lymphoma?

Comment from: kc bullen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 24

I am a 54 year old female with advanced rheumatoid arthritis. RA has similar symptoms to lymphoma, so the lymphoma was not even considered as a possibility until I had a lymph node abscess. Even then since RA causes enlarged lymph nodes it took a rapid growing lymph node and a serious illness in which an ambulance took me to the hospital for the prospect of lymphoma to be taken seriously. When the diagnosis was made I had stage 4 large diffuse B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Comment from: Blwilso1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I was just diagnosed with lymphoma. The only part I am afraid of is not being able to finish school. I am 49 years old and it took this long to finally believe in myself. I am also afraid for my only child. I am not sure she can handle this.

I was diagnosed with NHL in 2009. I went through six months of chemotherapy and then 2.5 weeks of radiation. I found out I was pregnant with my son while I was going through radiation treatments. I have been in remission for two years now and my son is perfectly healthy.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I was diagnosed with Hodgkin"s lymphoma stage 1V five years ago. I had no symptoms and it was only found by accident when I fell off my horse. I had ABVD chemotherapy 16 sessions over eight months, the treatment was tough but have been in remission now for four years thanks to my wonderful oncologist Dr. Lyn.

Comment from: Janeusse, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

I was diagnosed with NHL in June 2008 finally commenced a course of radiation in December 2008 and have been okay until recently when the night sweats recommenced and also the feeling of itching. The intense itchiness is an awful feeling. I try to keep positive for myself and my family. I am 64 years of age, my 37 year old son is my caregiver and he is wonderful to me. You need good family support to keep going.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: August 15

I was diagnosed with lymphoma in Feb 2010; live in Fl but sent to Duke University by my oncologist. I'm glad that I went there, even though it was expensive to stay for seven weeks of radiation; I am now free of lymphomas, at least for now. My symptom was a swelling of the lower leg and it was misdiagnosed by four different doctors in three states as a hematoma.

Comment from: brenkota@yahoo.com, 55-64 Female Published: August 08

left under arm growth size of a pencil head for 2 years night sweats fatigue weight loss

Comment from: brenkota@yahoo.com, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I have 3 aunts on my mothers side that have died with breast cancer

Comment from: carlotta, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 14

my daughter in law is undergoing chemo therapy twice a month for 6 months for Hodgkin's lymphoma. She had noticed her left leg seemed swollen or larger than her right leg and had been experiencing lower back ache for a few months. She told me she could not get over the fatigue and had thought it was just because she was busy raising her 2 children. We are grateful she went to her GP and followed the tests right through. It is a grueling journey but she has the wonderful support from family and friends.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I like reading about other people stories because it helps me to understand that I'm not crazy. Thanks guys. I have follicular lymphoma.

Comment from: kriseb, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 07

My sister has just been diagnosed with Lymphatic type B cancer. Is there anyone who knows about this type of cancer? I have looked at other peoples comments but haven't come across anyone who has mentioned type B. She is 43 years old and has had a lymph node removed and we don't know if it has spread anywhere else.

Must Read Articles Related to Lymphoma

Bone Marrow Biopsy
Bone Marrow Biopsy A bone marrow biopsy is performed to evaluate bone marrow function or to determine the cause of some infections, diagnose tumors, determine how far a disease, s...learn more >>
Cancer Symptoms
Cancer Symptoms Most symptoms and signs of cancer may also be explained by harmless conditions, so it's important to limit one's risk factors and undergo appropriate cancer scr...learn more >>
Cancer: What You Need to Know
Cancer: What You Need to Know The news comes like a sledgehammer into the stomach: "I'm sorry to tell you, but you have cancer." Every year, a million Americans are devastated by news of can...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lymphoma:

Lymphoma - Symptoms

Lymphoma symptoms can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Lymphoma - Experience

Please describe your experience with lymphoma.