Macular Degeneration (cont.)
Questions to Ask the Eye Doctor
- What can I do to decrease my chances of losing more vision?
- What low-vision aids are available to help me with my remaining vision?
- What symptoms should I watch for?
- What lifestyle changes should I make?
- What treatment options are available for my condition?
John D. Sheppard, MD, MMSc
Must Read Articles Related to Macular Degeneration
Cigarette smoking remains the leading cause of death and illness among Americans. Effects of smoking can cause cancers, emphysema, bronchitis, COPD, chronic cou...learn more >>
Eye Care Providers
There are a number of different types of eye care providers. Depending on the learn more >>
More than two-thirds of Americans are overweight, including at least one in five
children. Nearly one-third are obese. Obesity is on the rise in our society
...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Macular Degeneration: