Viewer Comments: MRI - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI):

MRI - Experience

Please describe your experience with MRI.

Comment from: jaymac, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I had an MRI on my wrist as my doctor thought that I had torn something in my left wrist. I was in the MRI for an hour. I was in for about 15 minutes when my hand started to sweat and got very hot. I started to get claustrophobic and dropped the call button I was just about to press it when the operator told me that there was one more cycle to go. All the staff I talked to were very friendly and answered all my questions.

Comment from: ed t, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I had an MRI early morning today and it took about more than an hour; it include contrast. At first l felt nervous or maybe tense, my hands and feet were cold but l managed it by telling myself it's nothing and focused my mind on some other things or made my mind busy. Luckily it got over and I got up thankful l don't get side effects.

Must Read Articles Related to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)

Abdominal Pain (Adults)
Abdominal Pain in Adults Abdominal pain in adults can range from a mild stomach ache to severe pain. Examples of causes of abdominal pain in adults include learn more >>
Abdominal Pain in Children
Abdominal Pain in Children Abdominal pain in children can range from trivial to life-threatening. Some possible causes of abdominal pain in children are: infections, food related (food al...learn more >>
Brain Cancer
Brain Cancer Brain cancer may develop in primary brain cells, in cells that form other brain components, or from the growth of cancer cells in other parts of the body that h...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI):

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI Scan) - For Diagnosis

Please describe how magnetic resonance imaging (MRI scan) has helped in your diagnosis.

MRI - Safety

Are you confident in MRI safety? Why or why not?