Medical Acupuncture Introduction
Acupuncture is just one of the elements that make up the discipline often referred to as traditional Chinese medicine. Traditional Chinese medicine, or TCM, is a combination of physical, mental, and spiritual practices that include techniques such as massage therapy and acupuncture, along with herbal medicine and various forms of mind-body exercise such as Daijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) and Qigong (Chi Gong).
In many states, licensed acupuncturists are independently licensed health-care practitioners. In some states, physicians who obtain additional training and qualification in acupuncture are allowed to perform acupuncture within the scope of their license to practice medicine.
Must Read Articles Related to Medical Acupuncture
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?