Medical Acupuncture (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Acupuncture has relatively few, if any, side effects. The most common side effect from acupuncture is a feeling of deep relaxation and an increased sense of well-being. As with any puncture, a slight discoloration at the acupuncture site may occasionally occur. This is temporary and not dangerous. One published report documents the safety of acupuncture even when performed on people receiving the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin).
Although adverse effects can occur if acupuncture is improperly performed, only 10 cases of internal injuries from acupuncture have been reported in the United States from 1965-1997.
Must Read Articles Related to Medical Acupuncture
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?