Viewer Comments: Meniere's Disease - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Meniere Disease:

Meniere's Disease - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Meniere's disease.

Comment from: jo6161, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I've had short dizzy spells for about 6 years. Recently it has got much worse in the fact that I have to lie perfectly still and feel unable to talk or walk because thing are spinning around me. It is the most horrendous feeling. The last two episodes lasted for hours and I was physically sick. I'm usually alone when these attacks occur but recently a friend was with me and she was horrified, she said my eyes move about very rapidly and she said it looks like I'm drunk as I'm unable to get my balance. I must also say that I have very poor hearing and have worn two hearing aids for the past two years during an attack I have no hearing at all. I have been under the doctor for ear problems for the past 17 years and have never had a diagnosis for my problem. Tomorrow I am having an mri scan so hopefully I will get some better treatment. I'm fearful of the next attack and seem to be very unsociable refusing to go out. My only worry is that there is no cure. I don't think I could live with it for the rest of my life. I'm female and 56 years old.

Must Read Articles Related to Meniere Disease

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is a common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery complications, medi...learn more >>
Labyrinthitis
Labyrinthitis Labyrinthitis means an inflammation of the inner ear structure called the labyrinth. Sometimes the term labyrinthitis refers to other causes of inner ear proble...learn more >>
Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears)
Tinnitus Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is a cause for hearing loss...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Meniere Disease:

Meniere Disease - Symptoms and Treatments

Please describe your symptoms and effective treatment for meniere disease.

Meniere Disease - Treatment

What was the treatment for your meniere disease?