IN THIS ARTICLE
Menopause is not a disease that has a definitive cure or treatment. Health care practitioners, however, can offer a variety of treatments for hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms that become bothersome. Many prescription medications exist to prevent and control high cholesterol and bone loss, which can occur at menopause. Some women do not need therapy, or they may choose not to take medications at all during their menopausal years.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/9/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Menopause
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause:
Menopause - Experience
Please describe your experience with menopause.
Menopause - Symptoms
What symptoms have you experienced with menopause?
Women's Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Personalized Tips for Dealing With Breast Cancer
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?