Viewer Comments: Menopause - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause:

Menopause - Experience

Please describe your experience with menopause.

Comment from: May, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I'm 52! I had hot flashes when I was 51. I have regular period since age 12 but when I was 51, it stopped and then resumed after 4 months. First 3 months, the bleeding was normal; just a 3 day cycle. But on the 4th month, I suddenly had a heavy period on the first day and it's almost 3 months now that I have bleeding but just kind of spotting and I have to wear sanitary pads always because I don't know if I'll suddenly have heavy period! I've been to my obstetrician-gynecologist and she gave me some medicines for my hot flashes and told me to just be calm and embrace my peri-menopausal stage! I hope this would end soon because it's driving me nuts!

Comment from: rose, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I haven't had a period in a year. I'm going through perimenopause. I started bleeding last Saturday, it's about 7 days, still it's not stopping, but not very heavy.

Comment from: Rose, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I am 49 years old. Before my periods, I experienced headaches that got slight relief with NSAIDS. My period is not heavy last for three days, but a year ago, I experienced a strong residual weakness with hot flashes, nausea, salivation, and heart palpitations, all of which seemed to defy treatment.

Must Read Articles Related to Menopause

Female Sexual Problems
Female Sexual Problems Long considered a taboo subject, women's sexuality is now openly discussed and portrayed on television, in magazines, and on the internet. Symptoms of female se...learn more >>
Hot Flashes
Hot Flashes and Menopause Hot flashes are a common condition experienced by women in the perimenopause and menopause transition. The exact cause of the hot flashes is not clear. Symptoms...learn more >>
Pain During Intercourse
Pain During Intercourse Pain during intercourse (dyspareunia) is pain or discomfort in a woman's labial, vaginal, or pelvic areas during or after sexual intercourse. Pain during interc...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause:

Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with menopause?

Menopause - Hormone Therapy

What hormone therapy combination therapies have you taken during perimenopause, menopause, or post menopause?

Menopause - Experience

Please share your experience with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause.

Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms did/do you have with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause?

Menopause - Lifestyle Changes

What lifestyle changes have you made during perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause that have helped ease the symptoms?