Viewer Comments: Menopause - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause:

Menopause - Experience

Please describe your experience with menopause.

Comment from: May, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I'm 52! I had hot flashes when I was 51. I have regular period since age 12 but when I was 51, it stopped and then resumed after 4 months. First 3 months, the bleeding was normal; just a 3 day cycle. But on the 4th month, I suddenly had a heavy period on the first day and it's almost 3 months now that I have bleeding but just kind of spotting and I have to wear sanitary pads always because I don't know if I'll suddenly have heavy period! I've been to my obstetrician-gynecologist and she gave me some medicines for my hot flashes and told me to just be calm and embrace my peri-menopausal stage! I hope this would end soon because it's driving me nuts!

Comment from: MenopauseMom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I'm 50 in a few weeks and have been experiencing the regular peri-menopause symptoms of irritability (to say the least), restlessness, weight gain, irregular periods, anxiety, dry skin, interrupted sleep, urinating in my panties, and I'm an emotional wreck! At this point, I'm just hoping that my husband and I can make it through this and I don't eat my young.

Comment from: rose, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I haven't had a period in a year. I'm going through perimenopause. I started bleeding last Saturday, it's about 7 days, still it's not stopping, but not very heavy.

Comment from: Rose, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I am 49 years old. Before my periods, I experienced headaches that got slight relief with NSAIDS. My period is not heavy last for three days, but a year ago, I experienced a strong residual weakness with hot flashes, nausea, salivation, and heart palpitations, all of which seemed to defy treatment.

Must Read Articles Related to Menopause

Breast Lumps and Pain
Breast Lumps and Pain Breast changes are common. From the time a girl begins to develop breasts and begins menstruating and throughout life, women may experience various kinds of bre...learn more >>
Female Sexual Problems
Female Sexual Problems Long considered a taboo subject, women's sexuality is now openly discussed and portrayed on television, in magazines, and on the internet. Symptoms of female se...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause:

Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with menopause?

Menopause - Experience

Please share your experience with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause.

Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms did/do you have with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause?

Menopause - Lifestyle Changes

What lifestyle changes have you made during perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause that have helped ease the symptoms?

Menopause - Hormone Therapy

What hormone therapy combination therapies have you taken during perimenopause, menopause, or post menopause?