Men's Health (cont.)
Special Considerations for Men's Health
- Men with diabetes should use the above tips and monitor their glucose levels as directed, and try to keep the daily blood glucose levels as close to normal as possible.
- Men with unusual work schedules (night shifts, college students, military) should try to adhere to a breakfast, lunch, and dinner routine with minimal snacking.
- Men who prepare food for themselves or others should avoid using grease or frying foods in grease.
- Men trying to lose weight (body fat) should avoid all fatty and sugary foods and eat mainly vegetables, fruits, and nuts and markedly reduce his intake of meat and dairy products.
- Men should seek medical advice early if they cannot control their weight, food intake, or if they have diabetes and cannot control their blood glucose levels.
- Any weight loss regiment should not only include dietary restrictions and modifications but also an exercise regimen.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/23/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Men's Health
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
To understand what causes erectile dysfunction or ED, it is important to first review how an erection occurs. For a man to have an erection, a complex process t...learn more >>
Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction
Men are frequently reluctant to discuss their sexual problems, particularly erectile dysfunction or ED, and often need to be specifically asked. You can assist ...learn more >>
A man's prostate gland usually starts to enlarge after he reaches age 40 years or middle age. This condition is called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or ben...learn more >>