Menstrual Pain (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Menstrual Cramps Medications
In many cases, a combination of NSAIDs and hormonal contraceptive methods such as oral contraceptive pills may be needed to relieve menstrual cramps and pain. Prescription medications (mefenamic acid [Ponstel] or meclofenamate [Meclomen]) may be prescribed.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/12/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Menstrual Pain
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menstrual Cramps:
Menstrual Pain - Treatment
What treatment do you use for your menstrual pain?
Menstrual Cramps - Home Remedies
What kind of home remedies have you found helpful in reducing the discomfort of menstrual cramps?
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication