IN THIS ARTICLE
Like most cancers, the outlook of mesothelioma depends on how early it is diagnosed and how aggressively it is treated. Without treatment, mesothelioma is fatal within four to eight months.
With trimodal treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy), survival was noted in some people at 16-19 months. A few people survived as long as five years.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/9/2014
Winston W Tan, MD
Shehnaz Shaikh, MD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication