IN THIS ARTICLE
Symptoms of mesothelioma may not appear until 30 to 50 years after exposure to asbestos. The onset of symptoms is gradual, and a person often experiences symptoms for four to six months before the diagnosis is made.
You should see a health-care provider if you have any of the following symptoms:
The above listed symptoms may be caused by mesothelioma or by other, less serious diseases. Only a health-care provider can make a diagnosis with the help of various exams and tests.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/9/2014
Winston W Tan, MD
Shehnaz Shaikh, MD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication