IN THIS ARTICLE
Because asbestos is the major known cause of mesothelioma, eliminating the exposure to asbestos can significantly decrease the risk of mesothelioma.
If you are exposed to asbestos at the workplace, you should wear protective clothing and masks. You should change your clothing before leaving the workplace to avoid carrying any asbestos particles home. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) provides useful safety and health information for people exposed to asbestos.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/9/2014
Winston W Tan, MD
Shehnaz Shaikh, MD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication