Viewer Comments: Mole Removal - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Mole Removal:

Mole Removal - Experience

Please describe your experience with mole removal.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I removed moles at home with apple cider vinegar after I had them checked by a dermatologist. They were moles that I have had most of my life that were only cosmetic problems. The smaller moles fell off quickly and I didn't even have a scar. The larger ones took a little longer and left a small pink circle that's hardly noticeable.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 15

I had a mole removed on my back and it was not a good experience. The stitches did not heal up well and the wound burst open. The stitches which were supposed to dissolve but they did not dissolve. A few weeks after the mole removal surgery I saw two of them still in the skin in my back.

Comment from: Deb, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

After I had some of my moles removed (they were burned off) they return twice as much as I had before in the same area. This took about 1 year before I noticed them returning. I am now looking for another way of removing them other than being burned. They are not big enough to be removed by surgery.

Comment from: Lizzlebean, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I had many raised moles that were getting irritated by my clothing and were just ugly. I have no insurance but went in to see a specialist about cosmetic removal. After determining the ones I pointed out were benign he noticed two or three that could be dangerous. We decided to remove and biopsy the largest problem mole and shave the two raised ones. Since I didn't have insurance he really gave me a good deal on the cost. I even got scar reducing stitches that I didn't need to pay for. Topical anesthetics were used and I didn't feel a thing.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Mole Removal:

Mole Removal - Patient Experience

Did you have a mole removed? Please describe your experience.