Viewer Comments: Molluscum Contagiosum - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Molluscum Contagiosum:

Molluscum Contagiosum - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your molluscum contagiosum?

Comment from: Mother, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 09

After three years of being given only three options to cure my child of this awful ailment, burning, freezing and lancing, I finally found a cure that works in just four baths. Salt water in the bathtub, rub the pimples with a generous amount of salt and they dry up and are gone. She had hundreds of them on her elbows and knees. All gone with just four applications!

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

Tee tree oil was my life saver and only thing that worked for me it disinfects so stops spreading therefore new ones will stop appearing it also shrinks existing ones even if you have them frozen then keep using it as they can spread like wildfire after that, getting the core out and disinfecting with tee tree oil and continued use of it 2-3 times a day and washing your hands should sort you out.

Comment from: Cured Jim, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 18

The only treatment that really works and fast is one called Conzerol. After months of trying all the garbage offered and the painful alternatives from dermatologists, came across Conzerol. At first I didn't believe all the testimonials they offer, but was so down due to my condition that i decided to try it. IT WORKED! In just two weeks I was back to my normal life. If you have MCV, don't waste your time and money with other products. Find Conzerol and you will thank me for telling you about it.

My 7-year-old contracted the molluscum virus and we used cold sore cream, following the instructions on the tube. As the cream is an antiviral cream we found that within three weeks of treating spots they seem to have disappeared. We needed about 3 tubes as they are pretty small. Fingers crossed, we've had no spots for over a month now.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I was diagnosed two weeks ago and I have it near my genital area but mainly on the crease of my leg where it meets my vagina. My doc told me it's not caused by sex although it can be contacted that way but she said it's kind of like how a child breaks out with warts. It just happens and you don't know how.

Comment from: Momof3, 0-2 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

My son got these on his face. My doctor recommended iodine. They shrink and dry out the molluscum and disinfect the area to keep them from spreading. Do not scrape or squeeze them, they will spread! The iodine can be applied with a cotton swab 2-3 times daily. This greatly reduces the length of time they remain. The iodine will dry them out and they should burst and be scabby as they heal. I think we have 1-2 weeks left. Good luck!

Comment from: 25-34 Published: June 03

I was just treated with cryosurgery today, so I don't know yet if it worked. I just wanted to comment that I broke out with genital Molluscum three weeks ago, and I haven't had sexual contact in 9 months. I don't share towels, haven't gone swimming, don't go to a gym, and I always wash my hands very well. I'm sure there could be some other way to get it...but the ONLY other thing I can think of is a toilet seat!!

Must Read Articles Related to Molluscum Contagiosum

Rash
Rash A rash is a visible skin outbreak. Examples of noninfectious rashes include eczema, psoriasis, contact dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea, hives, and al...learn more >>
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread through any type of sexual activity ...learn more >>