Viewer Comments: Mononucleosis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Mononucleosis:

Mononucleosis - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your mononucleosis?

Comment from: J, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 03

I got a sore throat. I sneezed for a bit, and I had a fever and a general sick feeling. The worst part was the extreme fatigue and weakness. I am over the sickness and the extreme fatigue, but I have plateaued at feeling generally tired and foggy for 8 weeks now. I was hoping I would be back to normal. I am still operating at about half my normal capacity. I find if I pace myself and don't over do it, it is more manageable. I am frustrated and want to be better now!

Must Read Articles Related to Mononucleosis

Peritonsillar Abscess
Peritonsillar Abscess A peritonsillar abscess forms in the tissues of the throat next to one of the tonsils. An abscess is a collection of pus that forms near an area of infected .....learn more >>
Sore Throat
Sore Throat Sore throats are generally named for the anatomical site affected. The pharynx, tonsils, adenoids, larynx, and epiglottis. Sore throat treatment depends on the ...learn more >>
Swollen Lymph Nodes
Swollen Lymph Glands Lymph nodes (part of the lymphatic system) may signal infection if they are swollen. Types of conditions that involve swollen lymph nodes include infection, vir...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Mononucleosis:

Mononucleosis (mono) - Symptoms

For infectious mononucleosis (mono), what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?