Motor Skills Disorder (cont.)
Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Have other medical conditions that may cause my child's symptoms been ruled out?
- What kind of therapy is available for my child? What is your experience with patients who have received this type of therapy? What specific measures do you recommend?
- What is my child's long-term prognosis (outlook)?
- What kind of measures can we implement at home to improve long-term functioning and well-being?
- Where can I find more information about this condition and how to best help my child?
A referral for occupational and physical therapy services may be needed when local educational authorities do not have sufficient staffing to provide appropriate services.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/24/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Motor Skills Disorder
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Childhood attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), also known as attention deficit disorder (ADD), is a condition in which a child's inability to focus ...learn more >>
Autism is a complex behaviorally defined developmental disorder with three core features: 1) impaired reciprocal social interaction, 2) impaired communication, ...learn more >>
A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Symptoms and signs include pain and discolored skin. Applying a cold compress may ...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Motor Skills Disorder: