Motor Skills Disorder (cont.)
Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Have other medical conditions that may cause my child's symptoms been ruled
- What kind of therapy is available for my child? What is your experience with
patients who have received this type of therapy? What specific measures do you
- What is my child's long-term prognosis (outlook)?
- What kind of measures can
we implement at home to improve long-term functioning and well-being?
- Where can I find more information about this condition and how to best help
A referral for occupational and physical therapy services may be needed when
local educational authorities do not have sufficient staffing to provide
Must Read Articles Related to Motor Skills Disorder
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), also known as attention deficit disorder (ADD), is a condition in which a person's inability to focus and conce...learn more >>
Autism is a complex behaviorally defined developmental disorder with three core features: 1) impaired reciprocal social interaction, 2) impaired communication, ...learn more >>
A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Symptoms and signs include pain and discolored skin. Applying a cold compress may ...learn more >>