Motor Skills Disorder (cont.)
Outlook for Motor Skills Disorder
Prognosis is generally good as individuals develop adaptive approaches to living with this disorder.
For More Information about Motor Skills Disorder
- The National Child Development Institute as well as the National Institutes of Health and local educational authorities can provide more information on diagnostic and treatment approaches to this disorder.
- Individuals with this disorder are covered by the Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1975, IDEA (The Individuals with Disabilities Act) as well as by the December 2004 amendments to the Public Law 94-142 and the "SLIP" law Public Law 108-446 and HR 1350 (the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004)
- "Disability is a natural part of the human experience and in no way diminishes the right of individuals to participate in or contribute to society. Improving educational results for children with disabilities is an essential element of our national policy of ensuring equality of opportunity, full participation, independent living, and economic self-sufficiency for individuals with disabilities." (U.S. Department of Education)
- Learning Disabilities Online
- The Learning Disabilities Association of America
- The National Center for Learning Disabilities
Medically reviewed by Margaret Walsh, MD; American Board of Pediatrics
"Developmental coordination disorder: Clinical features and diagnosis"
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/9/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Motor Skills Disorder
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Childhood attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), also known as attention deficit disorder (ADD), is a condition in which a child's inability to focus ...learn more >>
Autism is a complex behaviorally defined developme...learn more >>
A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Symptoms and signs include pain and discolored skin. Applying a cold compress may ...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Motor Skills Disorder: