Munchausen Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Munchausen Syndrome Symptoms and Signs
Individuals with Munchausen syndrome intentionally produce or exaggerate symptoms. They may lie about or fake symptoms, self-induce injury to cause symptoms, or alter the results of tests by contaminating samples such as a urine sample. Signs and symptoms of Munchausen syndrome may include the following:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Munchausen Syndrome:
Munchausen Syndrome - Experience
Please describe your experience with Munchausen syndrome.
Munchausen Syndrome - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your Munchausen syndrome?
Munchausen Syndrome - Treatment
What was the treatment for your Munchausen syndrome?
Mental Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 10 Problem That Could Mean Adult ADHD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication