Munchausen Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Munchausen Syndrome Diagnosis
Depending on the symptoms, almost any laboratory test can be used to determine if the symptoms result from a true disease process. Test results that are inconsistent or atypical of the claimed illness may be an indication of Munchausen syndrome.
Imaging studies (such as X-rays or scans) may be helpful in diagnosing Munchausen syndrome. Many claimed medical problems, such as tumors, can be easily viewed with imaging tests.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Munchausen Syndrome:
Munchausen Syndrome - Experience
Please describe your experience with Munchausen syndrome.
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu