Munchausen Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Munchausen Syndrome Treatment
Initially, the medical care of people with Munchausen syndrome is aimed at relieving the claimed symptoms and any injury made by the person to induce the symptoms. Treating people who have Munchausen syndrome is difficult because they are often unwilling to admit they have it. The treating doctor must be very judicious with invasive diagnostic tests or surgeries, yet try not to miss serious medical conditions.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Munchausen Syndrome:
Munchausen Syndrome - Experience
Please describe your experience with Munchausen syndrome.
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu