Munchausen Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Munchausen Syndrome Medications
Medications can be useful if conditions exist along with the Munchausen syndrome. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors can be helpful in people with Munchausen syndrome who also often have (comorbid) depression, and at least theoretically, low-dose antipsychotics can help those with coexisting borderline personality disorder.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Munchausen Syndrome:
Munchausen Syndrome - Experience
Please describe your experience with Munchausen syndrome.
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu