Munchausen Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Munchausen Syndrome Medications
Medications can be useful if conditions exist along with the Munchausen syndrome. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors can be helpful in people with Munchausen syndrome who also often have (comorbid) depression, and at least theoretically, low-dose antipsychotics can help those with coexisting borderline personality disorder.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/1/2012
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Munchausen Syndrome:
Munchausen Syndrome - Experience
Please describe your experience with Munchausen syndrome.
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?