Muscle Cramps (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Muscle Cramps Symptoms
Muscle cramps cause the following:
This disturbs the function of the involved extremity. When a hand muscle is affected, it can lead to difficulty in writing (writer's cramp) or grasping. When the muscles of the calf or foot are affected, it can lead to difficulty walking.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/6/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Muscle Cramps
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Muscle Cramps:
Muscle Cramps - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your muscle cramps?
Muscle Cramps In Calves - Causes
What was the cause of your muscle cramps?
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu