Muscle Strain (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Muscle Strain Causes and Risk Factors
Muscle strains can happen to anyone. They occur in the course of normal activities of the day or as a result of sudden use of a muscle with activity. Activities that can increase the risk of muscle strain include athletic activity in sports, with sudden acceleration or deceleration, throwing, quick and/or heavy lifting, or injury of muscle while performing irregular work tasks.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/21/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Muscle Strain
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Muscle Strain:
Muscle Strain - Treatment
What treatment has been effective for your muscle strain?
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu