Muscle Strain Topic Guide
Muscle Strain: Muscle strain or muscle pull or even a muscle tear implies damage to a muscle or its attaching tendons. Symptoms and signs include swelling, bruising, pain, and weakness. Treatment may involve rest, ice, compression, and elevation in addition to taking anti-inflammatory medications.
Vertebral Compression Fracture A vertebral compression fracture occurs when the bones of the spine become broken due to trauma. Causes include osteoporosis, trauma, and pathologic fracture. Symptoms include pain, numbness, and urinary incontinence and urinary retention. Treatment may involve wearing a back brace, resting, icing, taking pain relievers, exercise, and surgery.
Expert Views and News
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu