Viewer Comments: Muscle Strain - Recovery Time

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Muscle Strain:

Muscle Strain - Recovery Time

How long did it take for you to recover from your muscle strain?

Comment from: Sunil, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 28

I have muscle pain in upper back at shoulder. Pain developed because of injury while lifting/pushing heavy industrial load. Doctor applied belladona plaster half the length below the painful area. Then he lifted up the plaster along with the skin and stuck the remaining portion above the painful area. Thus strain in the painful muscle was taken over by the plaster tape. The pain got relieved in 30 seconds. Note that belladona medicine didn't relieve the pain but the adhesive plaster simply transferred the load from painful muscle to the plaster and then to other muscles. After keeping it for 4 days, the sore muscle got recovered. I took no pain relieving tablet. This was done on me by a doctor once. Later I have replicated it on my wife and a friend. It works. Once I got it done on me with the help of my wife.

Comment from: Okinawa05, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I got a muscle strain from coughing. My pain is on the top left of my rib. It hurts when I do anything and I am still coughing hard because I am sick so I can't give it any rest. I am concerned that I may make it worse. I haven't tried ice yet. That is my next step!

Must Read Articles Related to Muscle Strain

CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography)
CT Scan What is a CT scan? Computerized tomography scans (CT scans) are important diagnostic tools for a variety of medical conditions. Some areas of the body frequentl...learn more >>
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a scanner that takes cross-sectional images of the body. It is used to evaluate tissues of the head, neck, chest, limbs, abd...learn more >>
Sprains and Strains
Sprains and Strains An injury to a ligament is called a sprain, while an injury to a muscle or tendon is called a strain. Symptoms and signs include pain, swelling, bruising, and d...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Muscle Strain:

Muscle Strain - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your muscle strain?