Viewer Comments: Muscle Strain - Recovery Time

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Muscle Strain:

Muscle Strain - Recovery Time

How long did it take for you to recover from your muscle strain?

Comment from: Okinawa05, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I got a muscle strain from coughing. My pain is on the top left of my rib. It hurts when I do anything and I am still coughing hard because I am sick so I can't give it any rest. I am concerned that I may make it worse. I haven't tried ice yet. That is my next step!

Must Read Articles Related to Muscle Strain

CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography)
CT Scan Computerized tomography scans (CT scans) are an important diagnostic tool for a variety of medical conditions. The process uses X-rays and a computer to produce...learn more >>
Knee Injury
Knee Injury Knee injuries may be caused by a direct blow to the knee or by twisting or stretching of the ligaments, tendons, and surrounding muscles. Knee pain and swelling...learn more >>
Knee Pain
Knee Pain Overview Knee pain has a wide variety of causes and treatments. Home care for knee pain involves protecting the knee from further trauma, in addition to resting, icing, ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Muscle Strain:

Muscle Strain - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your muscle strain?