Neck Strain (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Neck Strain Prognosis
With appropriate diagnosis and treatment, your overall prognosis for complete recovery from neck strain is excellent. The vast majority of people with neck strain recover completely, rapidly, and without incident, with appropriate management. In the absence of complicating factors such as nerve problems, a previously healthy person may reasonably expect complete recovery within a few days to a few weeks. Neck strain injury is a major source of lost days of work and can occasionally lead to a chronic pain syndrome.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/20/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Neck Strain
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Neck Strain:
Neck Strain - Treatment
What was the treatment for your neck strain?
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu