Viewer Comments: Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Night Sweats:

Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with night sweats.

...
Comment from: jmarch, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 31

Last night I sweated so bad I had to change my bedding and clothes three times.

Comment from: dawn, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 09

I'm a 34 year old woman and have been getting drenching night sweats more than six years. They have gotten worse over time and I wake two times a night and have to change me and bed. All my blood work is clear. My weight is under seven stone and I can't seem to put on any more. I think it's because I lose it by sweating so much at night.

Comment from: Lindalmcdonald, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

For the last three weeks I have had terrible night sweats that wake me up three times a night. I end up having to change my clothes and my pillow case, bed sheets, and everything. I can't help but wonder why this is happening now.

Comment from: sleepy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

i went through menopause about 20 yrs ago but still continue to have night sweats. I haven't had a good night sleep in years. I have had three lumpectomies, all benign, so am reluctant to take hormone therapy.

Comment from: maggie, 45-54 Female Published: September 10

I am 49 years old and for about 2 weeks I have been experiencing night sweats. I sweat at the back of my neck and down my chest.

Comment from: favoritehippie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I have had night sweats for a few years now but never paid any attention to it. Just recently I was getting them more. I would wake up in the night to tend to my children and my whole shirt is wet, cold and I can just wipe the sweat off my body. The area under me is also wet and I put a blanket over it so I can go back to sleep. Makes it very cold walking down the hallway not knowing why I'm so sweaty. I started paying attention recently and notice it happens when I get to dream a little. I know I will be writing down when I have them. I'm only 26 years of age and I have no clue what's going on.

Comment from: Don Waltman, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 27

I have experienced night sweats for 18 years. It started with heavy sweating of head and neck. In the beginning, I would stain my pillow in a halo shape around my head. I also had episodes where I would have sweating during the day where my sweat tasted like soap and had an extreme chemical odor. Also, I have a neurological condition which gives me stabbing pains over my entire body.

Comment from: Raggydi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I'm having night sweats every single night!!!! It started about 6 years ago, but it only occurred maybe once in a blue moon. Now since November it happens every night, twice a night. I'm only 38 years old.

Comment from: itty bitty, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

I sweat in my sleep sometimes, but recently it's been a lot. I wake up drenched and I have to change my bed clothes, sheets, blankets. Even when I sleep with less clothes on, the same thing happens. I wonder what this means.

Comment from: Nikki, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 26

I endure severe sweating at night. I end up soaking bed sheets and clothes, but I'm shivering cold while I'm having these sweats. I wake up completely drenched.

Comment from: 55-64 Male Published: October 04

I always sweat even if the room is not warm. I always seem to sweat around my neck and shoulder area.

Comment from: maimie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 06

I am 75 yrs of age and have continual night sweats. I get a maximum of 2 hrs between each event. I am having to change my nightdress a couple of times each night. Also sleeping on a beach towel to so as not to damage the mattress. I am at a loss as to why this is happening and how I can stop it. Oh to go to bed and sleep through and wake up in a dry nightdress and bed!!! I have not been able to find anyone who can give me a reason why this is happening.

...

Must Read Articles Related to Night Sweats

Fever (in Adults)
Fever in Adults A fever is a body temperature of 100.4 F or greater. A fever may be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, blood clot, tumor, drug, or the environment. Treatment ...learn more >>
Hot Flashes
Hot Flashes and Menopause Hot flashes are a common condition experienced by women in the perimenopause and menopause transition. The exact cause of the hot flashes is not clear. Symptoms...learn more >>
Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar)
Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia) Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) is caused by overmedication, use of certain medications, use of alcohol, missed meals, kidney or liver infection, and more. Commo...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Night Sweats:

Night Sweats In Women - Treatment

What was your treatment for night sweats?