Viewer Comments: Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Night Sweats:

Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with night sweats.

Comment from: johnson88, 19-24 Female Published: February 01

I am a 21 year old female and I have night sweats. This just recently started about 2 months ago. I don't know what the cause is even when my bedroom is cool my husband wakes me up and he is like why are the sheets so wet and why is you pillow soaking wet. I wake up every night sweating like I have just run a marathon. My hair is naturally straight but when I wake up in the middle of the night from sweating it is extremely curly and soaking wet. My pillow is drenched and my sheets are drenched. I do a lot of tossing and turning and that is not like me. I don't know if I should go see a doctor because this is something I have never experienced and I am kind of worried.

Must Read Articles Related to Night Sweats

Fever (in Adults)
Fever in Adults A fever is a body temperature of 100.4 F or greater. A fever may be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, blood clot, tumor, drug, or the environment. Treatment ...learn more >>
Hot Flashes
Hot Flashes and Menopause Hot flashes are a common condition experienced by women in the perimenopause and menopause transition. The exact cause of the hot flashes is not clear. Symptoms...learn more >>
Sleep Disorders in Women
Sleep Disorders in Women Women are twice as likely as men to have difficulties falling asleep or staying asleep. Younger women have sounder sleep with fewer disturbances. Some women, ho...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Night Sweats:

Night Sweats In Women - Treatment

What was your treatment for night sweats?