Ocular Hypertension (cont.)
Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Is my eye pressure elevated?
- Are there any signs of internal eye damage due to an injury?
- Are there any optic nerve abnormalities on my examination?
- Is my peripheral vision normal?
- Is treatment necessary?
- How often should I undergo follow-up examinations?
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Must Read Articles Related to Ocular Hypertension
Adult Glaucoma Suspect
Glaucoma is usually high pressure inside the eye that damages the optic nerve and can result in permanent vision loss. Not all 3 criteria (that is, high pressur...learn more >>
Glaucoma is usually high pressure inside the eye that damages the optic nerve and can result in permanent vision loss.learn more >>
Glaucoma refers to certain eye diseases that affect the optic nerve and cause vision loss. Most, but not all, of these diseases typically produce elevated press...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ocular Hypertension: