Viewer Comments: Oral Herpes - How Did You Manage?

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Oral Herpes:

Oral Herpes - How Did You Manage?

How do you manage your oral herpes (herpes simplex virus) infection?

Comment from: ThankGodForNature, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I had my first outbreak of oral herpes nearly 4 years ago. Of all the horridness, the pain and itching were unbearable. I literally freaked out as my general physician said that it had no cure. The outbreaks were not that frequent initially, but every time I'd fall sick, it would resurface. I had so many sores this year that I was desperate to try anything to get rid of them. Three months ago a friend suggested that I try this remedy; rescue kit with homeopathic H-factor nosodes from Biogetica. I looked up their site and indeed they have had immense success with this product. They also have some research going on for an ingredient. I quickly ordered the product and started using the remedies. I'm so relieved to say that I've not had even one outbreak for a whole month now. Moreover, I'm feeling great from within. I truly endorse this product, it really works.

Comment from: NicoleTrinity, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 20

I am so happy today because I am free from oral herpes (herpes simplex virus) infection. I have been having oral herpes since the past two years now, and I have passed through many different processes in getting cured from the diseases of HSV2 but nothing was working out. A friend of mine introduced me to a doctor who sent me herbal medicines which he prepared for me, and my life get transformed and everything is fine and okay with me. Till now I have been going to check up and it is now going to four be months and I am still negative.

Comment from: The kid, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 14

I am 15 now and have had oral herpes since I could remember I have an out about 9 times a year it's so embarrassing I miss so much school because of it l. I feel like it controls my life. I have severe asthma and bad allergies this makes me miserable I even had if before my first kiss. I'm talking since I was 6 or 7. I don't know if I passed it on but I didn't know at first I thought it was an outbreak from allergies.

Comment from: Simba, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I found out today that I have antibodies for herpes 1 (oral). No cold sores. However, symptoms have been white tongue, and awful mouth odor. I continue to have vaginal odor itching, burning sensation, however, test results negative for vaginal herpes. I'm 65 years old.

Comment from: optomisticd, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 13

I contracted it when I was 16. I was messing with a girl I didn't even know. I never knew what I had until I researched cold sores. Now I get depressed because I get embarrassed whenever I break out. I also am scared to date because I wouldn't want to give this away to anyone. I even feel afraid telling the girl I am dating now and I haven't kissed her. She always asks if there something I want to tell her but I just don't have the courage because I really like her. Maybe dating isn't an option anymore. I will go to my doctor and get medication to slow the outbreaks around my lips.

Comment from: Ivettavalos45, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 25

Herpes simplex: the gift that keeps on giving. I have been dealing with cold sores ever since a brief fling I had as a teenager. I usually get an outbreak once a year. I have tried some homeopathic remedies with mixed results.

Comment from: Mother of 4, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have had oral herpes since I was a child. My mother has them too, and does nothing to stop the spread. It's hard to not kiss my children all the time, but they grow up knowing that "when mommy has a lip owie, she can't kiss." They give me kisses on my forehead instead and we have extra hugs. It is also very painful to not kiss my husband. However, I am 100% determined to not pass this on to anyone, especially those I love. I mostly want to thank those who feel the way I do, but are as determined as I am to not pass this on. Thank You.

Comment from: brandkn, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 20

I stay away from coffee, chocolate, or anything high in arginine, and caffeine. When I eliminated these form my diet, I realized I had less breakouts. Abreva is very useful also. It kept the recovery periods short for me if i do have one. I also started using lysine-heavy lip balms.

Comment from: onenightstand, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I got HSV1 just by having oral sex. He gave me oral HSV1 and genital HSV1. I took Advil for the fever, drank plenty of fluids, and my urgent care doctor prescribed an off brand of Valtrex for the outbreaks. I spent almost the entire month of January inside and away from people because I was so depressed over my diagnosis. Especially because I was still a virgin and under the impression that I would never have a sex life or find someone that would still want to be with me because I felt damaged and dirty. Then I went to my OB/GYN and she told me that with the right care and vitamins there was still a chance that reoccurring outbreaks could be very rare if not at all. I've only had one outbreak since then and it was one sore in my mouth. I'm currently in a stable relationship and he knows about the entire situation 100%. I still get upset about what happened that night when I contracted the virus, but when I evaluate my life I realize (in my situation) it's manageable. I just have to pay close attention to my body for outbreaks, take extra care of myself in the sun or stressful situations, and if I do have an outbreak, be sure to watch that people don't eat or drink after me to protect them from contracting the virus as well.

Must Read Articles Related to Oral Herpes

Cold Sores
Cold Sores Cold sores are caused by a viral infection that attacks the skin and learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Oral Herpes:

Oral Herpes - Symptoms

What were the symptoms and signs of your oral herpes?

Oral Herpes - Treatment

What was the treatment for your oral herpes?

Oral Herpes - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting oral herpes?

Oral Herpes - Experience

Please describe your experience with oral herpes.