IN THIS ARTICLE
What Increases Your Risk
Things that can increase your risk for osteoarthritis are called risk factors. Some risk factors, such as your age or family history, can't be changed or prevented.
You may be able to reduce other risk factors by making lifestyle changes or taking medicine.
Risk factors you may be able to change or prevent
Risk factors you can't change
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- When to Take More Pain Meds
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication