IN THIS ARTICLE
What Increases Your Risk
Things that can increase your risk for osteoarthritis are called risk factors. Some risk factors, such as your age or family history, can't be changed or prevented.
You may be able to reduce other risk factors by making lifestyle changes or taking medicine.
Risk factors you may be able to change or prevent
Risk factors you can't change
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- Exercises to Strengthen Joints
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu