Viewer Comments: Osteoarthritis - Prognosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Osteoarthritis:

Osteoarthritis - Prognosis

What is your osteoarthritis prognosis?

Comment from: Hope for my future, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I just turned 55 Monday. It started in my mid-twenties. I have had 4 TMJ procedures, 3 disk cervical fusions, and both feet have had surgery for bunions. I also had a bone spurs in my heel and shoulder which were removed. Now I have it in both knees, my feet and left hand. I am single and it looks like I will stay that way. I really scared about my future.

Must Read Articles Related to Osteoarthritis

Arthritis
Arthritis Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. Causes include injury, abnormal metabolism (such as gout), inheritance (such as in osteoarthritis), infections (such as...learn more >>
Hip Pain
Hip Pain There are many causes of hip pain, such as arthritis, trauma, strains, sprains, and other conditions that cause referred hip pain. Hip pain can be sharp, sudden...learn more >>
Knee Pain
Knee Pain Overview Knee pain has a wide variety of causes and treatments. Home care for knee pain involves protecting the knee from further trauma, in addition to resting, icing, ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Osteoarthritis:

Osteoarthritis - Experience

Please describe your experience with osteoarthritis.

Osteoarthritis - Symptoms

The symptoms of osteoarthritis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Osteoarthritis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your osteoarthritis?