Pain Relief for Fibromyalgia
Nondrug methods of relieving pain may be helpful for people with fibromyalgia. These can include:
Nonprescription pain relievers are not very helpful for people with fibromyalgia. Small doses of acetaminophen (such as Tylenol), aspirin (such as Bayer), ibuprofen (such as Advil), or naproxen (such as Aleve) may offer short-term relief of muscle pain when your symptoms flare up. Daily long-term use does not seem to be effective.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication