Viewer Comments: Palpitations - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Palpitations:

Palpitations - Experience

Please describe your experience with palpitations.

Comment from: LoriMc, Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I am 46 year old female, recently diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia. I had been having some palpitations once in a while, not a lot. I have also been diagnosed with mild aortic stenosis and mitral valve regurgitation. I had my first iron infusion two weeks ago and see a cardiologist for the first time on Saturday. I had never had the feeling of it in the back of my throat until just the past couple of days. I never really thought anything about it until now. I am interested to hear what my cardiologist has to say about it. I have felt like I was close to passing out but it hasn't actually happened. I sometimes feel very fatigued. Anemia is at least partly the cause of that.

Must Read Articles Related to Palpitations

Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
Atrial Fibrillation Atrial fibrillation (AFib) describes a rapid, irregular heart rhythm. The irregular rhythm, or arrhythmia, results from abnormal electrical impulses in the hear...learn more >>
Atrial Flutter
Atrial Flutter Atrial flutter is a type of arrythmia, that is, an irregularity in the beating of the heart. Atrial flutter is caused by as misfiring of electrical nerve impuls...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Palpitations:

Palpitations - Causes

What is the cause of your palpitations?

Palpitations - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your palpitations?

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow