Pancoast Tumor (cont.)
Support Groups and Counseling
A diagnosis of cancer can feel overwhelming. Interacting with people with a similar condition helps one deal with the uncertainties and challenges that cancer brings.
The following organizations can help you with support and counseling:
- CancerCare provides professional counseling individually or through professionally facilitated support groups. The services are available online, through the telephone and on-site at a CancerCare location in New York, Long Island, New Jersey or Connecticut.
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship, Cancer Survival Toolbox is a free, award-winning audio program that teaches skills that can help people with cancer meet the challenges of their illness.
- The AMC Cancer Information and Counseling Line provides current medical information and counseling for cancer issues. Tel: (800) 525-3777.
- The Alliance for Lung Cancer Advocacy, Support, and Education operates a national "phone buddies" program, in addition to other services. Tel: (800) 298-2436, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship is a survivor-led advocacy organization working exclusively on behalf of people with all types of cancer and their families.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/10/2014
Shreekanth V Karwande, MBBS
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pancoast Tumor: