Pancreatitis Topic Guide
Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas. There are two kinds of pancreatitis, acute and chronic. The primary causes of pancreatitis are alcohol and gallstones. Symptoms of pancreatitis depends on if it is acute or chronic. Treatment of individuals with pancreatitis caused by alcohol abuse is stopping all alcohol use. Examples of other treatments may include gallbladder removal, antibiotics, or change in diet (high carbohydrate low fat diet).
Alcoholism Alcohol problems vary in severity from mild to life threatening and affect the individual, the person's family, and society in numerous adverse ways. Despite all of the focus on drugs ...
Expert Views and News
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair