Viewer Comments: Panic Attack - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Panic Attacks:

Panic Attack - Symptoms

What are your panic attack symptoms?

Comment from: mumzy, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 25

My daughter is 15, she has had a lot of health issues since she was 6. She is under the care of gosh for gut problems and for multiple food allergies. This has left her with some psychological problems which she receives counseling for. The new thing of late is she has been put on 20mg of amitriptyline, to help with pain and depression. But she has been experiencing regular and worsening panic attack symptoms, ie tight chest; sweats; hard to breath; I was wondering if it's the medication or her mental health worsening.

Comment from: just me, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

With my first severe panic attack I couldn't breathe, was afraid to go outside, felt like puking, lost all my energy as soon as I got close to a door, (that took me 2 months to come out of), just about fainted and had a high heart rate. I was in the hospital for 5 hours.

Comment from: Mbali, 25-34 Female Published: May 23

I suddenly feel chest pains, short of breath, numbness in my right arm like someone is pocking me with needles, hot flashes, feel helpless and I will cry because of the pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Panic Attacks

Anxiety
Anxiety Anxiety as a medical condition is characterized b...learn more >>
Hyperventilation
Hyperventilation Hyperventilation syndrome is a condition where a person hyperventilates for an unknown cause. Symptoms of hyperventilation syndrome include bloating, burping, p...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Panic Attacks:

Panic Attacks - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your panic attacks?