Viewer Comments: Panic Attack - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Panic Attacks:

Panic Attack - Symptoms

What are your panic attack symptoms?

Comment from: just me, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

With my first severe panic attack I couldn't breathe, was afraid to go outside, felt like puking, lost all my energy as soon as I got close to a door, (that took me 2 months to come out of), just about fainted and had a high heart rate. I was in the hospital for 5 hours.

Comment from: Mbali, 25-34 Female Published: May 23

I suddenly feel chest pains, short of breath, numbness in my right arm like someone is pocking me with needles, hot flashes, feel helpless and I will cry because of the pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Panic Attacks

Anxiety
Anxiety Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension, fear, or worry. Some fears and worries are justified, such as worry about a loved one. Anxiety may occur without a cause, ...learn more >>
Hyperventilation
Hyperventilation Hyperventilation syndrome is a condition where a person hyperventilates for an unknown cause. Symptoms of hyperventilation syndrome include bloating, burping, p...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Panic Attacks:

Panic Attacks - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your panic attacks?